Send Moses-support mailing list submissions to
moses-support@mit.edu
To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
http://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/moses-support
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
moses-support-request@mit.edu
You can reach the person managing the list at
moses-support-owner@mit.edu
When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
than "Re: Contents of Moses-support digest..."
Today's Topics:
1. Re: How to train a model using multiple phrase-tables and
multiple language models? (amittai axelrod)
2. GHKM support in Moses 2.1 (Ayah ElMaghraby)
3. Re: GHKM support in Moses 2.1 (Philip Williams)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Message: 1
Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 17:34:44 +0000
From: amittai axelrod <amittai.box@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Moses-support] How to train a model using multiple
phrase-tables and multiple language models?
To: alvations@gmail.com
Cc: moses-support@mit.edu
Message-ID:
<d0be4100-9604-43d9-b99e-a48ecd7bc9f7.comment28188359@groovehq.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/private/moses-support/attachments/20160229/8e23aa76/attachment-0001.html
------------------------------
Message: 2
Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 20:10:19 +0200
From: Ayah ElMaghraby <ayah.elmaghraby@gmail.com>
Subject: [Moses-support] GHKM support in Moses 2.1
To: "moses-support@mit.edu" <moses-support@mit.edu>
Message-ID: <56d48991.418f1c0a.7e0d5.ffffecab@mx.google.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
Hello,
I am still using moses 2.1 but I am intrigued about GHKM algorithm support in 2.1. I can?t find any documentation for it yet but I can see it is implemented.
Shall I use it should I expect worse BLEU scores for language like Arabic than default extraction algorithm?
Shall I upgrade to Moses 3 for better implementation of GHKM?
Regards,
Ayah ElMaghraby
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/private/moses-support/attachments/20160229/08d91e6d/attachment-0001.html
------------------------------
Message: 3
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2016 16:25:09 +0000
From: Philip Williams <philip.williams@mac.com>
Subject: Re: [Moses-support] GHKM support in Moses 2.1
To: Ayah ElMaghraby <ayah.elmaghraby@gmail.com>
Cc: "moses-support@mit.edu" <moses-support@mit.edu>
Message-ID: <66D6E012-4345-49D9-A556-AF27ACB63406@mac.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
Hi Ayah,
there isn't a lot of documentation for GHKM support in Moses, but I'd recommend taking a look at the following:
1. The extract-ghkm help message, which you can view by running "/path/to/moses/bin/extract-ghkm -h". This describes the program's options.
2. The following WMT12 system description paper provides some implementation details as well as a description of Edinburgh's GHKM-based English-to-German string-to-tree system:
http://www.aclweb.org/anthology/W/W12/W12-3150.pdf
3. Rico Sennrich has made available the EMS config and various scripts used to build Edinburgh's 2014 and 2015 English-to-German string-to-tree systems. See his Git repository here:
https://github.com/rsennrich/wmt2014-scripts
Whether you will see better or worse BLEU scores depends on exactly what you're comparing it to. If you are currently using Moses' extract-rules program to extract rules with syntactic annotation (on either the source or target side) then there is a good chance you will get better results with GHKM.
The main changes since 2.1 are support for soft source-syntactic constraints -- see the following paper for details:
http://www.aclweb.org/old_anthology/W/W14/W14-4018.pdf
and support for extraction of tree-to-string STSG rules. Moses 2.1 is quite old now, so it's probably worth upgrading anyway. Either to Moses 3 or to the latest GitHub. The GitHub code contains a lot of improvements since version 3. It's pretty stable and if you do find a problem then report it here and it will probably be fixed quickly.
Phil
> On 29 Feb 2016, at 18:10, Ayah ElMaghraby <ayah.elmaghraby@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
> I am still using moses 2.1 but I am intrigued about GHKM algorithm support in 2.1. I can?t find any documentation for it yet but I can see it is implemented.
> Shall I use it should I expect worse BLEU scores for language like Arabic than default extraction algorithm?
> Shall I upgrade to Moses 3 for better implementation of GHKM?
>
> Regards,
> Ayah ElMaghraby
>
> _______________________________________________
> Moses-support mailing list
> Moses-support@mit.edu <mailto:Moses-support@mit.edu>
> http://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/moses-support <http://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/moses-support>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/private/moses-support/attachments/20160301/7b2669d7/attachment-0001.html
------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Moses-support mailing list
Moses-support@mit.edu
http://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/moses-support
End of Moses-support Digest, Vol 113, Issue 1
*********************************************
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 Response to "Moses-support Digest, Vol 113, Issue 1"
Post a Comment